Barbers Hill Bulletin

The Student News Site of Barbers Hill High School

Barbers Hill Bulletin

Barbers Hill Bulletin

Egg-citing Easter
Egg-citing Easter
April 5, 2024
A TRIP TO REMEMBER
A TRIP TO REMEMBER
March 21, 2024
Love on the Hill
Love on the Hill
February 14, 2024
Eagles Ice Cream
Eagle's Ice Cream
February 14, 2024

Eagle’s Ice Cream

Cool Treats; Warm Hearts
Kobe de la Cruz

Eagles Ice Cream stands as a beacon of sweet delight for locals and visitors alike. Founded in 2023 by Miguel Pérez, a long-time resident of the area, this charming ice cream shop has quickly become a beloved fixture in the community.

“When I decided to open Eagles Ice Cream, my goal was simple: to provide our growing community with delicious ice cream and more,” founder Veronica Pérez-Diéguez said, “Having lived on the Hill for over the last 25 years, it has been amazing to see the school grow while continuing to retain its close-knit community. Additionally, I have always loved making and sharing food for friends and family.”

Indeed, Eagles Ice Cream offers more than just scoops of ice cream. Pérez takes pride in the shop’s diverse selection of desserts and snacks, including traditional Hispanic treats like corn-in-a-cup and mangonadas, alongside fresh fruit juices. 

“Our selection of desserts and snacks uses high quality and fresh ingredients,” Pérez said. “We aim to create a warm and welcoming atmosphere for everyone that comes to visit.”

Among the array of offerings, certain flavors and treats stand out as customer favorites. “Our Mexican Vanilla flavor is one of the most popular. It is a slightly sweeter, homemade ice cream that goes well with a lot of our other treats,” Pérez said. “The corn-in-a-cup, mangonadas, and churros are other popular items.”

Quality is important at Eagles Ice Cream, “We source all of our ingredients from local partnerships to ensure they are always fresh and delicious.” said Pérez.

Although running an ice cream shop comes with its own set of challenges, Pérez and his team are determined to overcome them. 

“One of the primary challenges is having the personnel to open for longer hours,” Pérez explains. “Currently, we have a wonderful team covering the weekday afternoons and Saturdays. In the near future, we plan to be ready to serve the entire weekend and weekday lunchtimes by creating the structure to support multiple weekday shifts.”

Community engagement is key for Eagles Ice Cream, with Pérez actively seeking feedback and involvement from customers. 

“Customer feedback is always an integral part of our process of introducing new flavors and snacks,” she said. “When introducing new items, we always ask customers if they would like to try our upcoming flavors free of charge and provide their feedback on the best variations.”

As Valentine’s Day approaches, Eagles Ice Cream is gearing up to spread love and sweetness to its customers. 

“We love all of our customers!” Pérez exclaims. “We will be giving a heart-shaped pop to our customers to show our love and appreciation.”

For Pérez, the most rewarding aspect of running Eagles Ice Cream is the joy it brings to the community. 

“Seeing people of all ages leave smiling with their favorite treats in hand is what we love the most,” she shares. “Getting to be a sweet part of our customers’ days makes the hard work worthwhile.”

Eagles Ice Cream is more than just a shop—it’s a gathering place where memories are made and bonds are formed. With its commitment to quality, community, and sweet indulgence, Eagles Ice Cream continues to be a cherished destination for all.

So, next time you’re craving a sweet treat or simply want to brighten your day, be sure to visit Eagles Ice Cream and experience the warmth and flavor that defines this beloved local gem.

“We love being a part of the distinct culture here in Mont Belvieu and Barbers Hill,” Pérez said. “Creating just another form of a bond with our neighbors is what keeps us motivated.”