Barbers Hill Bulletin

The Student News Site of Barbers Hill High School

Barbers Hill Bulletin

Barbers Hill Bulletin

Egg-citing Easter
Egg-citing Easter
April 5, 2024
A TRIP TO REMEMBER
A TRIP TO REMEMBER
March 21, 2024
Ms. Jones Crochet Business
Ms. Jones' Crochet Business
February 22, 2024
Love on the Hill
Love on the Hill
February 14, 2024
Eagles Ice Cream
Eagle's Ice Cream
February 14, 2024

A TRIP TO REMEMBER

The Soaring Eagle Marching Band’s Spring Break Trip to Florida
Jayden Moss

This spring break, students were lounging in their beds, visiting family and friends, or traveling with their family to top vacation spots. However, the Soaring Eagle Marching Band was doing none of the above. On Mar. 9, the Band was up before the roosters to make their way across the south to Orlando, Florida; their destination? Universal Studios.

Students of all grades and instruments were excited to see the thrilling rides and amusements of the Universal parks. 

“The band trip to Universal Studios in Florida was an absolute blast! There were so many activities to enjoy that I never once found myself bored,” said Zamora. “The immersive atmosphere of Universal left me completely spellbound. It was an unforgettable experience with amazing people that I’ll never forget.”

Band members never had a dull moment with the various twists and turns of the many roller coasters of Universal.

“The band trip was such a fun way to spend time with so many groups of my friends! I loved all the rollercoasters, especially the Velocicoaster at Universal Island of Adventure,” senior flutist Lily-Cate Cheshire said. “We went 70 mph upside down over water, and I rode it three times.”

The band was also able to stretch their legs on Florida’s Cocoa Beach.

“It was awesome playing volleyball at the beach with all my friends,” junior Kade Tillis said. “The water was cold and refreshing, and the beach definitely made my trip.”

Likewise, another activity that the band kids were lucky to witness was the John F. Kennedy Space Center.

“My favorite part about the Kennedy Space Center was the “Space Dots,” which is basically Dippin Dots,’’ junior Tyler Viverette said. “It was a blue raspberry Icee flavor which I’ve never seen or tried before.”

Not only did the band trip offer plenty of fun activities and rollercoasters, but it was also a great time for the students to get even closer to each other and other bandmates they did not know before.

“Florida was very fun. I got closer to some of my fellow saxophone players and learned lots of new things about some of the people in the band,” sophomore Ryan Rodriguez said. “ I met people I had never seen before and stayed on my own for the first time in my life. It was a very informative experience.”

Even band veterans found themselves creating new connections to their bandmates.

“I loved this year’s Spring Break Trip so much! I loved it because I made so many connections with people I hadn’t been as close with and got to explore a new place with the friends I love most!” senior and head drum major Blaine said. “This was such a blessing to have experienced, and I am so glad to have gotten the opportunity to attend!”

Beside the rides and connections made between students, the band was able to feast like kings, indulging in the plethora of food offered during the trip.

“The food was absolutely amazing! From the Minion tater tots to the Planet Hollywood restaurant at Disney Springs where our band was personally welcomed, the food was incredible everywhere we went,” senior saxophonist Elena Bub said. “Not only was the food good, but since we were on a band trip, we got vouchers that made it so it felt like we weren’t even spending any money!”

With all the fun times, new friends, and full bellies, band members have been left with memories that will stick with them forever.

“These memories are something I’ll carry with me even past highschool,” Cheshire said, “because they were made with my best friends.”