Barbers Hill Bulletin

The Student News Site of Barbers Hill High School

Barbers Hill Bulletin

Barbers Hill Bulletin

Egg-citing Easter
Egg-citing Easter
April 5, 2024
A TRIP TO REMEMBER
A TRIP TO REMEMBER
March 21, 2024
Ms. Jones Crochet Business
Ms. Jones' Crochet Business
February 22, 2024
Love on the Hill
Love on the Hill
February 14, 2024
Eagles Ice Cream
Eagle's Ice Cream
February 14, 2024

Technology Student Association Takes Flight

TSA Chapter to Launch Next Year
Joseph Baumgarner

Plans are underway to launch a new Technology Student Association (TSA) chapter for the upcoming academic year at Barbers Hill High School. With approval received for the 2024-2025 school year, students and faculty are readying up for a journey of STEM-based competitions and activities.

TSA, known for its innovation and excellence, stands as a beacon for students passionate about science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM). With its roots tracing back to the 1970s, TSA fosters personal development, leadership skills, and career opportunities for generations of students across the nation.

“TSA enhances personal development, leadership, and career opportunities in STEM fields,” said Samuel Wilkerson, the designated advisor for the TSA chapter at Barbers Hill High School. “Members apply and integrate these concepts through a myriad of extracurricular activities, competitions, and related programs.”

The activities offered by TSA are vast and diverse, applying to a wide variety of interests and skill sets among students. From architectural design and coding to fashion technology and drone challenges, TSA competitions challenge participants to think critically, innovate, and collaborate effectively.

“It’s curriculum-based and offers several types of competitions where students can participate and win scholarships,” said Samuel Wilkerson.

There are many benefits of TSA participation, and students’ interests and skills are nurtured in STEM fields. 

“TSA has been STEM before as we know it today. They compete for scholarships,” said Samuel Wilkerson.

As the TSA chapter at Barbers Hill prepares to take flight, fostering teamwork, leadership, and collaboration is set to happen among future members. Students can look forward to a supportive environment where their potential is nurtured, and their achievements celebrated. TSA, as an organization, is bound to leave its mark on STEM education and lay the foundation for a bright future.

More information about TSA can be found at https://tsaweb.org/tsa.